Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Post your YWP for Quarter 2

8 comments:

  1. "Listening Skills" http://youngwritersproject.org/node/106597

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youngwritersproject.org/node/105987

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAITING
    Hannah Harkins

    I hear the soft ticking noise of the clock,
    I sit by the window watching the cars go by.
    As the tires splash through the puddles on the road,
    it reminds me of the waves at the ocean.
    All that is missing is the sound of the seagulls squawking to each other.
    I wonder when it will come back.
    Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
    The clock brings my mind back to reality.
    I look at the time and see that it is 1:30 a.m.
    I sit and wait.
    The rain taps the roof in a fast rhythm.
    What am I waiting for?
    Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
    2:45 a.m.
    The rain still hadn’t stopped.
    3:30 a.m.
    A small tint of light shown through the window.
    The rain had slowed to a drizzle.
    Daylight was coming soon.


    Prompt: General (Due April 3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Prompt: Sorry

    I'm Sorry

    I'm sorry...I'm so sorry.
    I know you loved him
    I really did.
    But one day I saw him there
    Staring at me through the glass,
    next thing I know
    it all happened so fast.
    Into the woods streaking
    Past trees
    We galloped like
    Newfound souls. Loving,
    Daring,
    Our hands felt like puzzle pieces
    Every sharp edge and delicate curve matching up to a
    perfect fit.
    Our love was wild and terrifying.
    Our love was
    Ours.
    But,
    I know you loved him.
    I really did,
    I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Humans Stop Creating Cyborgs
    In recent news the first ever Cyborg has taken his life and told us to stop creating Cyborgs. This is his goodbye.

    “My name is Joseph William Smith and I am a Cyborg. I am the first and “hopefully the last ever” Cyborg. When I was a kid I watched the movies about Robocop, saw Doctor Who with the Cybermen and I loved to read about Cyborg and Deathlok. I always had thought Cyborgs were cool. I thought they had the good life being smart, more powerful superheroes, but I was wrong. It isn’t glorious. It isn’t amazing. It’s horrible. I signed up after I went to war to be a hero and got hit by a bomb. I lost my legs, arm and other bits and pieces. I signed up to help protect my country, to serve and stand by my team. All I became was a weapon designed to get the job done just like a robot. My team didn’t care about me. I was a monster an abomination. My creators designed me to be able to have emotion, and to be able to turn it off and not feel remorse. It didn’t work. I feel remorse, I feel emotion, but I also feel I have to follow orders. There creation failed I am not machine. I have emotion. I am not human I need to serve. This story is to the generations that come next, to the people of the future, warning them to never join machine and man. It is not meant to be. I can’t take this feeling of duty and remorse. This desire to become human or robot. The longing to be normal, not a freak. I grew up being a nerd and kicked out of the social categories all together. The nerds didn’t even want me. When I joined the military I found a family and lost my family. Becoming a Cyborg made me even more of a freak. Even the kindest person would not be able to try to become friends with me. My robot side is competitive; my human side is longing for awareness. These emotions are too much, too sad, and too painful. This is my goodbye. I hope you realise never to make a Cyborg again because the pain is unbearable. I hope the future is brighter with one less freak.”

    We wish his family and brethren condolences and we hope that people realise to stop the creation of cyborgs. The future can use less pain a war and this is a path we should not follow. I feel bad for Mr. Smith and I hope we stop. We should not toy with human emotion and our own evolution. We should not try to create more powerful humans and I hope we have learned our lesson before it is too late
    –by Sage WhiteCloud

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry promt
    Days weeks, months, and now even years it has been since I have seen you
    and I think about you almost every single day
    sometimes
    I wonder what you are doing in that orange suit they have put you in and I wonder if they give you fried chicken
    I wish you knew why I did it
    I did it for you
    but I mostly did it for her
    I wish you could understand, but you rarely do
    Sometimes I think about you
    and I become really sad
    and I think to myself
    I'm sorry
    so so sorry.
    But I realize that is what you should be saying to me
    and you know why.
    Sadly
    no matter what I think of you
    I sadly
    still miss you
    but I will not be seeing you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There’s that rush of emotion
    Regret turns to anger
    Anger turns to hatred
    I hate myself
    For what I did
    I hate myself
    You didn’t deserve it...
    And I’m sorry... I’m so sorry
    You saw what you saw
    And I did what did
    I didn’t have a choice.
    They made me do it.
    I swear
    You didn’t deserve it.
    You were so innocent,
    You were so cute.
    I’m sorry I ate you
    You little sandwich

    ReplyDelete